We are on the western side of the Poitou-Charente part of the newly named “Nouvelle-Aquitaine” Region of France
Here are just a few atttractions within about an hours drive or less.
- La Rochelle – a lively seaside town
- Cognac – beautiful architecture and Cognac, of course
- Il de Re – a beautiful island with a Mediterranean feel to it
- Royan – a modern chic town with its long sandy beaches
- Futuroscope – one of France’s premier Theme Parks
- Rochfort – glorious seaport, a suspended bridge, rope museums and so much more
- Saintes – Roman amphitheatre and stunning buildings, festivals and the Charente river
- Marais Poitevin – also known as ‘The Green Venice’
- Celles sur Belle – just 3 km to this stunning royal abbey and pretty town
- Niort – the ‘county’ town of Deux Sevres, located on the river with so much to offer!
We are sure you will enjoy your stay in this, the second hottest part of France, after the Riviera.
|Le Vieux Grenier|
|La Belle Ferme at la Bataille|
Chef-Boutonne Aquitaine-Limousin-Poitou-Charentes, France
Directions from the ports
Directions from Gite to Gite